Sunday, May 26, 2013

And the latest interview producer for the Mormon Women Project is...

ME!! For those of you who are unaware of the Mormon Women Project, it is an expanding database that features interviews with Mormon women who come from an array of cultural backgrounds and nationalities. Basically, it seeks to disabuse the notion that all Mormon women can be pigeon-holed into one kind of life experience. Most important, it shows that while not all women may follow the same path, any life journey can (and should be) compatible with the gospel of Jesus Christ. My faith has definitely been strengthened while perusing women's stories on this database, and I am looking forward to contributing to the project!

As an interview producer, I will be interviewing Mormon women who fit one or more of the following categories:

1. Have had unique career paths.
2. Represent a unique cultural or national background.
3. Are involved in their communities.
4. Have overcome personal trials.
5. Magnify their callings at home.

You can check out the Mormon Women Project at http://www.mormonwomen.com/

If you know of a woman who fit one or more of these categories, please let me know! While I have quite a few women in mind, any input is welcome. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sarah! I'm so jealous! I've been seriously thinking about how much I'd love to do this for a while, but never actually making any effort to get involved. How did you do it? I love the MWP and love reading all their interviews. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love MWP. So exciting!! I would love to talk to you about how you got involved in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! They are a great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Breanne and Alyse, all you have to do to get involved is to go to the MWP website and click "Get involved." You can then write a note saying that you want to be an interview producer. They are definitely looking for more people, and both of you would be great additions! :)

    ReplyDelete