Monday, June 17, 2013

And the newest missionary in Melbourne Australia is....

My brother, Elder Jonathan Keith Bjorn Shumway!
I was home for three weeks and got to spend some quality time with him before he left. His departure date was actually a special time for our family, since he left exactly 100 years (to the day!) that our great-grandfather, Charles Nephi Shumway, left for his mission to Melbourne. I think it is an auspicious sign that he is definitely going where God wants him to be.

I am very proud of his desire to go and serve, though I will miss him terribly. But as one who has served a mission myself, I know that he is about to embark on one of the most exciting adventures of his life. If you would like to learn more about what he is teaching, please visit www.mormon.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment